Lux Digital Marketing offers St Pete SEO services to optimize your website for search engines. However, it is important that you include keywords in your content so people can find your site online. It is important that your website contains keywords relevant to the search terms people use when searching for sites similar to yours. This will help you rank high in search results. This guide provides tips on how to add keywords for SEO to the content of your website.
Step 1 – Brainstorm a list
Start by creating a list with keywords that people might use to search for sites similar to yours. Do not hesitate to refine your list during this stage.
These are some things you should consider:
- Target audience. Consider the type of person that you want to attract to your website. What are they looking for? What are their problems? Ask friends and coworkers what search terms they would use to find your content.
- Your product. List your product and include multiple words to describe it. Even if your products don’t actually sell, your product is what someone gets by visiting your website.
- Your brand. Use words to describe your website and brand, such as your company name, industry, and specialties.
- Competitors. Take a look at the websites of your competition. What words are they using? What words are they careful to avoid? What words should you avoid when searching for their websites?
- Synonyms. Try different ways to say any keyword on your list. You can use different keywords to describe the Fourth of July, 4th of July, July Fourth, July 4th, and July 4.
- Similar words. Type the keywords you have come up with into Google and see the suggested related searches. These words can be added to the list if they are relevant to your site.
Step 2: Refine the List
To determine which keywords you should prioritize, use the Step 1 list. You’re usually looking for keywords that:
- Are so numerous that most people will look for them
- You can rank on the first page of search results if you are specific enough
- Are relevant to your site and can help you create great content and an amazing visitor experience
These are some essential things to remember:
- Difficulty. A keyword’s difficulty is determined by how broad it is, how frequently people search for it and how many websites try to rank for it. Although you might want to target some difficult keywords, it is smart to include keywords that are easier to rank for. The Google Ads Keyword Planner is a good place to begin.
- Relevance. Avoid keywords that aren’t relevant to your site or have low search volumes.
- Current keywords. If you have an established site, it may be a good idea to retain keywords that are performing well.
- Your company name. If you don’t rank your company well in a search by name, you might need to give that keyword priority.
Step 3 – Add Keywords to Your Website
Search engines consider where keywords appear on your website and give preference to certain areas. These are some good places to put your keywords in order of importance.
- Site Domain
- URL page slugs
- SEO title and page title
- SEO page and item descriptions
- Headings (e.g., Heading 1, Heading 2, and Heading 3)
- Body text
- Captions and titles for Image Blocks, Gallery Blocks, Gallery Page, Gallery Sections
- File names for files and images
- Alt text
These areas do not affect search engine rankings, but they can help in other ways:
- Page descriptions and search engine. Add compelling keywords in the meta description to be included below the site title when searching for sites.
- Tags. These allow visitors to navigate and find information on your website.
Step 4 – Track the Results
These changes may take some time to impact your search engine ranking:
- We cannot control how often search engines index your site. However, you can request a Google or Bing index to help search engines find your content.
- It may take some time for your ranking to change after the new content has been indexed. Rankings are based on many factors and keywords are only one of them.
The keyword strategy should be a continuous and evolving project. To ensure that your website remains relevant, you should continue to monitor your rankings and replace low-performing keywords.
Need Help With SEO Keywords? Contact Lux Today!
It’s time to stop guessing at the SEO value of keywords and start finding out exactly what the search engines care about. Lux Digital Marketing is a top-notch St Petersburg SEO company and the surrounding areas.
We present you with high-quality services that include:
- Search Engine Optimization
- Organic SEO Results
- Web Design
- Google Maps Marketing
- Most importantly, ranking you number 1 on Google!
If you’re having trouble adding the right SEO keywords for your website, post, or other content, we can help! Contact us today for a free audit!