Google reviews are the new word-of-mouth, dictating the reputation and credibility of a business in today’s digital world. According to a 2021 Consumer Review Survey, 81% of US consumers rely on Google reviews when evaluating local businesses. Therefore, it is imperative for businesses to not only maintain a positive online presence but also learn how to increase Google Business reviews. These reviews significantly influence a customer’s decision-making process, and can dramatically enhance the overall perception of a business.
According to a Consumer Review Survey conducted in 2021, it was found that 81% of US customers rely on Google reviews while assessing local businesses. These reviews, along with other online feedback, have a significant impact on consumers’ decision-making process when it comes to making a purchase. Therefore, it becomes crucial for brands to comprehend how to cultivate positive reviews on Google and enhance their overall ratings.
1. Share the Google Review Link via Email and SMS
As part of your efforts to ensure customers can easily review your brand, the first step should be sending them a link directly to it. That way, they won’t have to go through the hassle of searching and understanding how to leave reviews on Google themselves.
Now you can share this link with your customers through various channels such as social media.
- Email: You can send the link to your Google reviews via email after a specific transaction or customer service interaction. Send the link to the review while they’re still thinking about the experience. This will encourage them to leave a real review.
You can include the link to the review in the email signature of customers who contact customer service via email.
- SMS: The SMS Open Rate is over 90%, which means the likelihood of your customers reading your review request via SMS and leaving a Google Review can be increased. You can expect to see a substantial increase in Google reviews when your customers can write a review of your business with just one click.
2. Add a Review Link to Your Website
Your customers are more likely to visit your website if it has an online presence, especially if your brand operates as an e-commerce store. So why not make it even simpler for them to write Google Reviews about your business?
One effective way of encouraging reviews is by adding a Google review link directly onto your website, such as in the footer area. Additionally, you can customize your order confirmation emails to include the Google review link. This allows your customers to easily rate your business immediately after completing their transaction.
3. Leverage Feedback Surveys to Increase Google Reviews
You can utilize surveys to gather feedback and engage your customers with the brand, employing the widely recognized Net Promoter Score (NPS) metric. The NPS survey provides a means to measure feedback based on the standard Net Promoter Score. If a customer completes your survey and has a positive experience, they may be inclined to leave a review for your brand.
To obtain Google reviews, you can leverage surveys effectively. Simply add the Google Review link to any type of NPS survey, whether it’s an email survey, QR code survey, web link survey, or SMS survey. By doing so, customers can conveniently click on the link and directly access the Google Review page. This approach provides two avenues to acquire Google reviews directly from survey respondents.
- You can guide your customers to Google’s review page based on the feedback they provide. For instance, in a Net Promoter Score (NPS) survey, you can send Promoters a link to the survey via email or display a personalized message on the “thank you” screen, encouraging them to review your business on Google.
- To streamline the process, you can create a customized workflow using automated survey software. For instance, include a question in your survey asking customers if they would like to leave a review. If they answer affirmatively, you can automatically send them an email containing a link to the Google reviews page. On the other hand, if they respond negatively, the request for a review will not be sent to them. This way, you can specifically target those who have expressed an interest in reviewing your product.
4. Engage With On-Site Customers
One-on-one interaction with customers has a significant impact as it conveys that you are addressing them directly and genuinely listening to their feedback. If you own a retail shop, your staff can politely engage customers by inquiring about their experience and kindly ask if they would be willing to leave a Google review for your brand. This personalized interaction can effectively guide them and serve as an encouragement to leave a positive Google review.
5. Print QR Codes With Review Link Embedded Into Them
Reaching out to every customer can be a daunting task, especially if your business experiences high footfall. However, with a Google review embedded in a QR Code, you can engage customers regardless of their location. For instance, in a retail shop, you can print QR Codes and strategically place them at various touchpoints such as the exit gate, the billing point, and more. Additionally, you have the option to directly print QR codes on the packaging or even on the products themselves (such as a washing machine, brochure, etc.).
In a restaurant setting, the QR code can be affixed to tables or included on items like invoices, tent cards, and receipts. The convenience of scanning the QR code with their mobile phones allows customers to effortlessly access your Google reviews page and leave their feedback. This approach proves to be user-friendly and enhances customer engagement.
6. Print ‘Leave Us a Review’ Cards
You can use physical cards at different customer touchpoints to collect Google reviews. You can:
- Steps to writing a business review.
- Print a QR Code with the link to the review embedded in it, so that users can scan the QR code and visit the review with just a click.
These cards can now be used in many different ways. You can, for example, send this card when your customer receives a new product. If your brand is physically present in a store, you can give out these cards. You can give the card to your guests in restaurants and hotels along with the receipt or bill.
7. Ask for Reviews on Social Media
Social media plays a crucial role in helping brands expand their reach and connect with a larger customer base. Utilizing your social media platforms, you can actively encourage customers to leave Google reviews while also promoting your brand. One effective strategy is to include the URL to your Google review page in the bio section of your social media profiles and share it through posts. By doing so, customers and individuals who have interacted with your brand in any capacity can conveniently access the link and leave a Google review for your business.
8. Respond to Reviews
It is crucial to understand how to acquire more Google reviews for your business. Your responses to these reviews will be visible alongside customer feedback. If visitors come across your page and observe that you haven’t replied to any previous reviews, it may deter them from writing one themselves. Furthermore, failing to respond to Google reviews undermines the trust between your brand and its customers.
As soon as you receive a review, whether it’s positive or negative, it is essential to express gratitude to the customer for their feedback. Take the opportunity to address any concerns or issues they may have raised, aiming to improve their overall experience with your brand. By doing so, you not only show appreciation for their input but also encourage others to leave Google reviews about your brand.
Why Do You Need to Increase Your Google Review Score?
Here are some of the reasons why you should have a strategy in place to increase your Google reviews:
1. Increased Likeliness of Attracting New Customers
At some point, 93% of customers admit that they have based their buying decisions on Google reviews. Online reviews are trusted by customers and can help you attract new customers.
2. Improved Search Engine Optimization and Visibility
Google can enhance the visibility of businesses by amplifying their rating activity. Businesses with a substantial number of ratings are ranked higher as they are perceived as reputable brands by customers.
3. Improved Interaction With Customers
You can learn directly from customers how to improve their experience when they are willingly sharing feedback via Google. Active responders will also be pushed to the top of the list so that they are more visible.
Conclusion – How to Increase Google Business Reviews
In conclusion, increasing Google Business Reviews is a vital undertaking for any business seeking to thrive in the digital age. By actively encouraging customers to leave reviews and promptly responding to feedback, businesses can enhance their online reputation and credibility. Positive reviews not only boost online visibility but also foster customer trust and loyalty, giving the business a competitive edge.
Negative reviews can be transformed into opportunities for improvement and showcasing excellent customer service. Embracing the power of Google Business Reviews paves the way for success, as it builds a strong foundation of customer satisfaction and sets businesses apart in the highly competitive marketplace.
Services We Offer:
- Search Engine Optimization
- Web Design
- Google Maps Marketing
- Most importantly, ranking you number 1 on Google!